Friday, June 5, 2015

Week 10

WEEK 10 BLOG FORUM TOPIC:


TOPIC: YOUR GOALS -- Look back on your responses to the Forum for Week 1. What were your three goals?

  Three goals for this class:
1. Learn how to condense a large amount of information into a short, concise document.
2. Improve my grammar and formatting skills.
3. Develop my researching skills, for example, finding really good sources.

1. When I look back over some writing that I did prior to taking this course, it's shocking. I always tried to fluff my paper up because I thought I could convey more in doing so, but I was totally wrong. This class has really helped me see the value in quality over quantity, and it's really starting to show in my writing.

2. AP style! yes, I definitely think I have improved my AP style skills. I have a long way to go, but now I have the confidence that I won't look like a total idiot when I submit for editing!

3. I've never been a big fan of rules, so naturally I tend to be a little lazy when it comes to sources. This class has taught me the importance of getting solid information that can be traced back to it's source for credibility. I think I've become a much more honest writer, just because I know that when you're saying something you have to have credible facts to back it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment